Aircon Service Explained
An aircon service makes sure that your air cooling system at home is functioning at its best performance. In general, it includes of the installation and service of air conditioning systems, whether in commercial establishments or at home. An aircon service is important because your air conditioning unit has to be maintained in an ideal working condition to keep the air clean, to avoid damages and repairs, as well as to prolong its life.
A basic aircon service includes the following:
- Thorough cleaning of the filters and outer sections.
- Washing of the:
- Blower wheel
- Evaporator coil
- Fan coil
- Checking the compressor.
- Applying oil to the fan motors.
- Draining and recharging the system.
- Detailed visual checkup of the condenser unit.
- Thorough checking of the unit’s air circulation to make sure that it is not blocked.
- Cleaning and flushing of the drain pan and drain pipe.
- Checking the electrical parts for possible damage/s.
- Inspecting the refrigerant system to ensure proper cooling.
- A complete cleaning of all the air conditioner’s external parts.
- Do not make your air conditioning unit work harder than it is supposed to.
- Know how your air conditioning system at home functions.
- Keep your air conditioning unit clean.
- Check its fins and fix crushed or bent ones.
- Always make sure that the drain tube is not blocked.
- Replace the filter when needed.
- Check your air conditioner’s insulation.
- Use a fin comb to clean its fins.
- Remove crud using a brush and soap.
Make Your AC Summer-Ready
If you want your air conditioner to function well, especially during hot and humid summer days, you need to make sure that it is properly and regularly maintained. Just like the other electrical appliances that you use at home, air conditioners also need to be kept in good condition. This is to make sure that you get your money’s worth and that they serve you well and long.
Here are some things you can do to make your AC summer-ready:
Clean the filters or have them replaced if necessary.
It is important that you always check and clean your air conditioning unit’s filters on a regular basis. One thing that you must keep in mind, though, is that some air conditioning units come with disposable filters, while the others are with re-usable filters, which you can simply clean with water. You must never forget to check and clean or change your air conditioner’s filters at least once in every month, especially during summer, where your aircon works harder.
- Free the condenser from debris.
The condenser of your air conditioning unit must be free from anything that would clog it. That is why you should always check it for any dirt, falling leaves, or any yard debris. These rubbles can damage your air conditioner’s condenser and cause your air conditioning unit to work less efficiently.